Explore Lhasa, Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour
- Parikrama Mansarovar Lake
- Mount Kailash
- Scenic Drive to Mansarovar
The best option that remains is an overland group tour across what we call the ‘Friendship Highway’ in Tibet from Kathmandu to Lhasa. The Sino-Nepal Friendship Bridge connects Kodari of Nepal with Zhangmu of Tibet. The entire trip will take seven to eight days and give you two full days in the city of Lhasa. On the eighth day, you’ll fly back to Kathmandu.
There are a variety of tours you can consider when entering Tibet from Nepal. Some options include trekking and visits to more remote parts of the country, which take a bit longer to get to. These tours can take from 15 to 30 days and can cost considerably more.
Kathmandu to Lhasa overland tour is a budget way to see the best Tibet has to offer. If you are planning your trip from Nepal better drive in and fly out from Lhasa. Your trip begins with a scenic 4-5 hour drive to Kodari, near the Nepal-China border. After crossing the Friendship bridge you head to the town of Nyalam situated 40 km from the Nepalese border. From Nyalam, a pleasant drive takes you across a barren and remote Tibetan landscape before you stop in Lhasa.
Outline Itinerary of Kathmandu to Lhasa Overland Tour
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Kathmandu (1300m) - Zhang (2,500m) - Nyalam (3700m) 156km
- Day 03: Nyalam - Tingri (4390m) 147km
- Day 04: Tingri -Lhatse - Xigatse (3900m) 90km
- Day 05: Xigatse - Gyantse (3950m) 95km
- Day 06: Gyantse - Lhasa (3650m) 261km
- Day 07: Explore Lhasa
- Day 08: Lhasa – Kathmandu
- Day 09: International departure homeward bound.