Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Hightlights
- View of mountains on daily walks with a dramatic change in landscapes and temperatures.
- Rural traditional farm villages of Gurung hill tribe.
- Pristine rhododendron and pine forest,
- Pleasant moderate to adventurous and scenic walk,
- Visiting world 10th highest Mt. Annapurna base camp.
- Visiting lovely villages of Jhinudanda with hot spring, Landruk and Potana with excellent services
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a big part of the ultimate Himalayan adventure which offers the chance to get to know the locals intimately and experience their cultural hospitality.
Recognized as one of the world's best trekking destination, this trek takes you through scenic villages, rich oak, pine and rhododendron forests and affords you spectacular views of the giant snow-peaks- Annapurna I (8019m), Annapurna III (7555m), Gangapurna (7454m) and Machhapuchchhre (6999m).
Exotic flora and fauna, immense glittering Himalayan ranges, mesmerizing local culture and tradition are the trinkets of this region. Getting to this region you are in for an experience of a lifetime.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a moderate nature trek that starts at Phedi, a short drive of about 45 minutes from Pokhara, which takes you to the foot [Base Camp, 4130m] of Mt. Annapurna, one of the most magnificent peaks in the world. The trail takes you through fascinating traditional villages of Nepal's ethnic communities of the Gurung, Magar, and Thakali who will greet you very warmly if you cared to stop for a conversation.
The hike continues through dense rhododendron forest with towering snowy peaks in the background. The return walk is even more interesting as the trek winds around different ridges towards Ghorepani, where you witness breathtaking views of an early morning sunrise where a red halo seeps through glistening gaps over the snow-capped peaks of the Annapurna & Dhaulagiri Mountains.
The sceneries are seen throughout this trek grace the landscape of the Himalayas where imagination defines the beauty of nature as an experience that can never be forgotten.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek will be even more interesting in spring as the whole forest along the trail turns red, pink and white with Rhododendron flowers. This wonder trip can be done anytime of the year except during the monsoons [July thru August].
Outline Itinerary of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m - 06 hrs journey distance 220 k.m.
- Day 03: Drive to Nayapul 1,100m begin trek to Ghandruk 1,750m.
- Day 04: Trek to Chomrong 1,951m - 06 hours.
- Day 05: Trek to Dovan 2,130m via Bamboo 2,050m - 06 hours.
- Day 06: Trek to Machapuchare Base Camp 3,720m via Deurali - 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4, 095m - 04 hours.
- Day 08: Trek to Bamboo 2,050 m - 06 hours.
- Day 09: Trek to Jhinu danda 1,700m via Chomrong 06 hours.
- Day 10: Trek to Pothana 1, 900 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Kande and drive to Pokhara.
- Day 12: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 13: International departure homeward bound.